CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

5K tomorrow

I'm thinking of something crazy, and you all have about 9 hours to convince me otherwise... Tomorrow morning at 8am is our local 5K. You know what's on my mind... My doctor released me on Thursday (just two days after my surgery) to run as much as I want. Can you believe it? I thought he was crazy, personally. On Thursday I didn't feel like standing much less running! But this morning I could hardly sleep I was so antsy to get out and get my body moving. I ran 3 miles Tuesday morning before my surgery. I figured it was my last hurrah for 2 weeks. And now... I ran around the living room just to see. Just slow little jogs in place and then a little moving. Tuesday and Wednesday I could hardly make it around the block...walking! Okay it was more like scooting. But this morning I walked a mile-and-a-half and would have done more except I ran out of time. I wasn't super fast or anything, it was just a casual stroll. That's exponentially a huge difference in distance, and both took me the same amount of time! Maybe I could do this. And if I couldn't, well someone could just come rescue me, it's just 2 minutes up the road.

Micah is asleep and doesn't know I'm thinking about this. But my body is so wired b/c I'm not getting enough exercise. All my sores have scabbed over as of today, and for me that was a huge thing. I couldn't see running with stuff oozing out of me. I feel a good bit of discomfort and occasionally pain in my upper groin area. He said that could take a month or so to sort itself out and then he may have to go back in to that area. I just have a lot of varicosities, and there is nothing I can do about that. But I will say that I am excited about the possibility of having a normalish looking leg someday. I haven't had a normalish looking leg since I was 22! That is amazing. I told the doc that if my legs didn't look like the ladies in the picture of his brochure then I wanted my money back. He just laughed at me! Oh well. I tried.

The only other race I'm interested in is Skirt Chaser and the Corpus Christi half marathon. Skirt Chaser is too expensive for my blood. And I have just enough time to do a little training for the half marathon. I'd have to walk a good portion of it, but it would be so beautiful! We will be there that weekend anyway, so that is why I am considering it. I'd don't know how I'd shower b/c we aren't actually staying in the city. I'm still thinking on that one.

1 comments:

no_iffer said...

I just saw this or I would have commented sooner. Now it's too late? So, What'd you decide?

There's a 5k here next weekend...you could visit with the kiddos! : )