CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Well After Three Days...

of no kids, I still haven't finished the house yet. Guess what? It's still a mess. Surprised? I am. Somehow I thought it'd all get done. Every closet organized, every room sparklin' clean. But it just won't happen. And if it won't happen with them gone...well, let's not think about that.

But I did spend lots of time with my precious Abby. We got used to each other while they were away. Found ourselves a little routine, and she has decided she really likes me. Before I couldn't tell. But now I can. And all that's priceless.

Other than that I did finish up my room and my closet (somewhat). I made a meal for a friend. I cried over old photographs and letters in my closet. And I started missing my kids. I'll be glad to have at least two of them back tomorrow and I can't wait to see Blaine on Friday. All chaos will return to normal on Monday. :)

4 comments:

Tammie said...

You make me smile! I just love to read of your love for your life and family.

Alisa said...

Not sure if I have shared this with you, it is an oldie but goodie:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow for babies grow up, we learn to our sorrow. So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I am rockin my baby and babies don't keep.

Gema said...

I'm glad you and Abby were able to have some special alone time last week. The messy closets will always be there....even after all the kids leave home and you have no one to blame them on but yourself.

tpot said...

Thanks for all the wonderful sage advice! You ladies are wonderful!!!