CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

cakes

I made two cakes for a friend last night. It was so wonderfully fun. It took a long time, but they came out so cute. A tinge of guilt hit me as I was making them because I realized that for the past few birthdays I have purchased store bought cakes. At the time I remember what a relief I felt to go pick up that cake and pay the $20. And then I would think, "I could have done that for $3. AND it would have looked way better (okay, at least in my opinion)." I mean I don't have the fancy air brush that sprays beautiful color, but honestly the last one we got was far from beautiful anyway.

After my little daydreaming I realized the reason I had time to do this for my friend was because I wasn't planning a party or getting a house cleaned up. I was able to absorb all of my attention into my favorite part of a party-making a cake! I forgot to take pictures, but if can get some I will post them.

3 comments:

Max said...

You made me think of my girlfriend Beaver. She used to make all kinds of fancy cakes (like a caterpiller in a garden) for her kids parties, which meant a great loss of sleep. One year, she was unable to make a fancy cake so she made cupcakes and let the kids decorate their own. All the partygoers, including the parents were thrilled.

Tammie said...

You are so creative! You should do this more often. I can't wait to see it.

Gema said...

I wanna see the pictures. How sweet of you to do this. And I know what you mean about kids party cakes...