CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thankfully, I ran for the past two days. I was so out of shape! How could this happen in just one week!?! Last Friday I ran 1 1/2 miles. I have resigned myself to being happy with 3 minutes of running, 2 minutes of walking for 2 miles. Tomorrow I will try for 3 miles. I was able to complete the whole 4 mile circuit in 1 hour. I was pleased as punch with that.

It's amazing how down on ourselves we can get. I had convinced myself this morning (and probably still believe slightly) that I never really was in shape. Micah encouraged me greatly by firmly stating that indeed I was. At least someone thought so, and it was the most important someone.

After all, what is the purpose of being in shape? To live longer? To live better? To see more? To do more? I must have purpose. I must see something greater than just hitting the road, watching miles pass day after day.

Overall, I feel it is very spiritual. I feel I am doing what I can to take care of the temporary temple of the Holy Spirit. I am motivated to do more, to see more, and to care for others more when I take care of myself. I want to live into old age, not with disease and crippled, but with life and vitality. I want to be like the 90 year old man I see running the roads with me. I want my grandchildren to aspire to run as I do. And why? Because this country has too many people on the couch with nothing to do. No purpose, no dignity, and no self-concept of how wonderful they really are. For me, running, stretching, and strength training remind me that I am worth taking care of. What goes in my mind, what comes out of my mouth, and how I spend my time needs to be the very best.

Matthew 15:16"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. 17"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

0 comments: