CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Few Hard Weeks...

I have had a lot of those this year. The kids have been intolerable and I have been ready to give up on schooling forever. Many times I've wanted to pack my bags and hit the road for an extended vacation. It just didn't seem worth it. That sounds horrible doesn't it? But a person can only take so much stress.

And then...

I did my Beth Moore Bible study on Esther. She was teaching on how the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Like in Esther when Haman says to kill, destroy, and annihilate the Jews. That is the enemy's plan for us. One of those verbs would have been enough for the people to understand, but the use of three verbs puts emphasis on how evil and utterly wickedly Haman was and how badly he wanted them destroyed & wiped from the face of the planet. If a man could plan those things, we are foolish to think the Devil isn't more crafty.

I realized that I have been listening to the voice of the enemy. I have been believing that school is too hard, that my kids are impossible, and that I can't possibly do it. God showed me that if He could deliver me from so many other evils He can surely keep me from feeling overwhelmed. I felt like I was hit with a two-by-four, and then I felt like a tremendous weight was lifted from me. Suddenly my children weren't the worst kids in the world, it was just Satan at his old trickery again of lying to me and trying to annihilate me and my children. Hmppff. Someone forgot who was in charge, and it was me.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jer 29:11

If you ever get a chance to do the Beth Moore "Esther" study, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is worth whatever sacrifices you have to make to go there. It is by far the best study I have ever done, and every week gets better. It is amazing!

3 comments:

Micah Swanson said...

I'm so encouraged by your words. I'm glad God has answered your prayers, baby!

Jennifer said...

Hey girlie... thank you for being so honest. Your words fell on very sympathetic ears. I find myself in the same place all too often. I forget who I belong to... and how much He loves me. Thanks for the reminder!

Gema said...

I am so glad God got through to you that you are an awesome, extremely capable woman and with Him you will do all you need to do. So happy for you to feel peace again. I have been there so many times--how do we just forget what we know--that the enemy is lurking always eager to steal our peace and joy. I'm thrilled God used this Bible study to get your attention. I hope i get the chance to do that same study. I love Beth Moore studies.