CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Pantry Search

After watching the videos I began a search in our own pantry. I realized our raw turkey meat, bread, meat, mayo, chips, and fruit all had MSG in them. Every dressing, sauce, and spice has it too. Many milk products (and even some milk!) has it in there. It literally is in almost everything. I was kind of depressed, but I prayed and went for my regular grocery shopping. Despite my depressions I managed to find a good deal of groceries that did not contain any of the items on the list.

Whole wheat tortillas from Austin, I think. There was only one clean brand.
whole wheat English muffins
Ezekiel bread, my favorite
organic fruit at a pretty reasonable price (apples and pears)
original sunchips
the all favorite popcorn that you pop yourself
I decided to go for raw chicken to cook up ahead of time, slice and have ready for sandwiches. I think it will actually come out much cheaper than lunch meat, and it was on sale.

Eating out is the worst. I'm sure almost every restaurant uses it. That's why everything tastes so good! I am not sure I will be able to resist this temptation unless I watch the videos immediately before going out.

I don't want you all to think I have gone crazy or anything. I had pizza yesterday for the Superbowl and panda express on Saturday. But I figure if we can at least eliminate it from as many factors of our diet as possible, we will be slightly more healthy.

0 comments: