CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

May I just say that all of us need to post more? This is getting ridiculous. You know what's going on here? Allergies. I am dizzy all day from my ears being clogged up. All blood tests came back fine. I was prescribed a nose spray that makes my throat feel like it's on fire. Fun. I get to choose between a fiery throat and not being able to stand up. Let's see....what do I feel like today? Well, I can tell you after not sleeping well last night I am not using the spray today.

Oh, and my mom gave me money to spend on some books. God bless you, Mom. I was so excited. I used it to purchase a schedule/literature program for Elizabeth that I had been drooling over. Relief. That's all I feel. Relief.

I haven't exercised in a week. Not easy to exercise when you can't really stand up straight. Wish I could make the letters to that last sentence drop off the edge or something.

We're trying a new math program this year. I cannot wait. It is new and called Math on the Level. You completely tailor each day to each child and what they need to learn. Lots of real life examples and games, charts, cooking, etc are thrown in each week in addition to just 5 daily review problems. Can you imagine? You can do more if you want. And you do a lot of practice problems for whatever concept is being taught. But no more endless pages of addition, subtraction, division etc. It specializes in teaching you how to combine several concepts into one problem so they can learn many, many concepts in one fell swoop. We need this so that we can focus on some other things like writing, history, science, etc.

0 comments: