CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Newsboys ROCK!!!

The concert was the ABSOLUTELY most amazing, faith building event I have been to in a looooong time. It was like church on steroids by a million. I had no idea how very much these men love the Lord-I mean you just never know. The entire concert gave such glory to God. Starting with Kutless singing "Strong Tower" and "Sea of Faces" the entire mood changed. For me, music is just so much a part of who I am and how I worship God. This was like nothing I could have imagined. To SEE and HEAR all of the body of Christ together like that (4500 to be exact) was just amazing. And these men wanted absolutely none of the glory. Or if they did, they did a great job of directing it straight to God. Somehow they did a magnificent job of having every one of theirs songs (even "Breakfast") come out as a worship song. I have never thought of very many of their songs as worship songs, but will forever have that memory etched in my mind. They invited each of us to join in the worship of our Saviour. And you just couldn't help but get wrapped up and swept away...

He shared his testimony, shared the gospel, and invited many to give their hearts to Christ. Oh, his story was so good. It reminded me so much of what I have been going through this past year or so. It felt so good to know others had gone through this, too. Basically, he just shared that he was a pk and had a drug problem...he was DRUG to church all his life! :) Anyway, eventually he stopped spending time with God and eventually couldn't tell if he was ever hearing His voice or was even His child. He felt very much in the dark. Oh, I wish everyone could hear his testimony. Then God reminded him that he was either feeding his flesh or feeding his spirit. So he had this total life transformation and now you know over 15 years later we have all these wonderful songs they have written. I firmly believe because they give all the glory and praise to God during their concerts, directing the church to worship Him, that is why they have so many hit songs. I just bought their latest CD, and there were only two that I had never heard!!! Next time they come to Texas we will be there, and hopefully we will be on the bottom floor. It was worth twice what we paid.

If THIS concert was so absolutely amazing, what in the world will heaven be like??? It brings me to tears to think of what an absolutely awesome, good time we are in for. One thing is for sure, the Newsboys will be the opening act, and I....will want a front row seat. Until then I think I shall be a groupie and follow them around the world. Do you think Micah and the kids will notice if I'm gone? I'm off to Australia in a few weeks! ;)

0 comments: