CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Stars

Blaine is actually in his room playing quietly!!! I'm scared to move lest I somehow force the stars out of alignment...
I talked to Jenny a little about starting school back up; we get the proverbial, "WHAT!!! We have to do school? We just did it yesterday! I thought summer vacation was forever and that I never needed to know anything else than I already know!" With me feeling behind, that's the last thing I need to hear. So we've been doing something new around here. Micah thought it up completely, printed it out, and implemented it. Thank goodness. I was cleaning up glass and spilled Italian Soda. (Did you know it is possible for Italian soda to "pop" thus creating an explosion that totally drenches your laundry room in red, sticky soda?-Don't try this at home kids. I had to move the dryer. I had to move everything. Need I say more?)

They now get cards for completing their work without complaining. Cards for computer time, TV time, friend time, etc. It's wonderful. They even have to earn co-op, park day, and the like. My aunt sent money for them to buy this wonderful fancy trampoline, so they are even earning cards for that. Elizabeth said, "It's like we have to earn everything. We can't do anything unless we earn it." By George! I think she's got it!

2 comments:

Gema said...

Yea, for Micah. What a terrific idea and good training. My best to you. Oh, those days of homeschooling........

Tammie said...

You go girl! You guys are on the right track.