CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Going around

When I went to purchase 4 more bottles of lice shampoo last night there were two other moms stocking up. It must be going around. HEB and Walgreen's were almost out. I've found out that Rosemary is good to keep them away. So when you see me next time I'll have a rosemary bush in my head...

I'm pretty sure she got it from the library. I have this panicked snapshot in my mind of her sitting at a little table with two other kids, head to head. It was one of those bead mazes. I remember thinking, "You've been homeschooling too long. She's fine. There's no need to be alarmed." Must have just been a mommy radar. She says she remembers her head started itching shortly after that. That's what we get for reading!

I haven't run for 3 days. Worse than Jenny's two days. It's the first time since I've started working on the 5K that I haven't run (other than the first week of just walking). The first day after lice I thought I'd just walk. I was so tired it took me 30 minutes to walk around the block. How's that for time per mile? It normally is about a 10 minute walk. I bet not many can beat that! I got new running shoes in the mail yesterday, so maybe I will have more energy to run in the morning. This week I have been sleeping until 8 and 8:30. I have finally worked up to 10 minutes of running again. Not much compared to Jenny's 30, but I also have at least 4o more pounds to lug around than she does! I'm also trying to cover more ground in those minutes, so it's a little more slow going. And some days it is just so darn hot. I am a little sad because this week I was going to work up to 14 minutes. That would have put me to almost halfway done. Obviously that won't be happening seeing as it's Friday. Pooh!

And I absolutely don't want to buy one more thing for those blasted bugs!

0 comments: