CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Desire

The one thing I desire is just to know You better.

To live a life that lives and breaths just to bring You joy!

Fill me with a fire that burns away my doubts and all my fears.

Into a place where You are all I hear.

It's the one thing I desire.

To do what You require.

It has been a difficult week with many downs, too many to count, and only a few ups. Too few. Two or three to be exact. Lice has made it difficult for me to be nice or peaceful. The stress has caused me to grind my teeth at night to the point where I can no longer bit down or chew food. My teeth don't line up. After doc appt feeling some relief today. But I still feel disappointment at the core of my being. Disappointment that I couldn't live and walk by the Spirit through all of this. I know that eventually God will rid us of the lice. In a matter of time. I suppose my issue is the timing. I want them gone. NOW. Not yesterday or tomorrow. NOW. TODAY. But it just can't be. And the thought of...

I am not alone. You give me strength. You walk beside me.

....picking hair makes me sick and weak.

You're here in my heart.
You're the Light that guides me through the dark.
You walk beside me
When night seems cold
Each time I fall Your arms are there to hold
You walk beside me
Give me strength I've never known
And I am not alone

I talk to You and all my fears unwind
You make me want to do the best that I can
You walk beside.
And I am not alone.
...
I rely on Your patience when life brings the unknown.

*You'll need to click "pause" on the player on the bottom of my blog in order to only hear one song at a time.*

http://www.imeem.com/yenz/music/mAT2drJN/i_desire/

http://www.imeem.com/imyourgenie/music/nDQB_Lr-/natalie_grant_i_am_not_alone/
That says it all.

(All lyrics by Natalie Grant from her Deeper Life album)

1 comments:

Tammie said...

This is beautiful. It is so hard to wait on the Lord when everything seems so desperate and overwhelming. You are all in my prayers.
I hope for santity'e sake you waited at least a day before you combed her hair for nits again. Sounds like you all could use a day without lice overwhelming you.