CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Julie & Julia

I just watched Julie & Julia tonight. Did anyone else tune in? I know I should be in bed. We're supposed to make posters in the morning for a car wash. But I just had to finish it. That movie just makes me smile for some reason. And when I last watched it I think I was pregnant. I couldn't do anything. I remember my sweet husband asking me if I wanted her cookbook. I'm pretty sure I gave him a look that would have melted all the butter used in that movie. But now....well, I'm at least considering it. A friend brought me her beef Bourguignon as prepared by Julia. It was marvelous and she even forgot one of the main ingredients!

At any rate I just find her life and person fascinating. My aunt commented that some book written either by her or another author was even better than the story in the movie. I'll have to ask her again.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=8222804 for that marvelous recipe!

1 comments:

no_iffer said...

I LOVED that movie. I thought it was inspiring and funny and just sweet. However, I probably wouldn't even know what the heck half the words meant in the cookbook!
And for the record, I know I don't comment near as much as I should but I so love reading your blog! You're such a great writer!
Oh, and i loved your blurb about elizabeth! Focus and cohesion is a weakness for all beginning writers. I spend a good portion of the year telling my kids "we write about moments! not eras!" Writing is just tough, but she'll get there!