CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grumpy Old Lady

The below post sounds like I'm such a grumpy old lady. I hope everyone understands that I don't have this horrible aversion to toddlers or anything. In fact, I love them! That is partly why I wanted to take on the job so badly. But there is something incredibly different about going through a pregnancy, having a baby, and enjoying it grow into a toddler rather than having one plunked on your doorstep every morning. She's incredibly cute, but if she is anything like her brother and sister she probably gives everyone a run for their money. I mean, I have to ask myself WHY they have gone through 3 nannies in her short 18 month old life. There MUST be a reason. Somehow her parents think $50 a day is more than enough to compensate for our lives being totally turned upside-down by their three children. I just don't think so. At first I was ready to jump on it, and Micah brought me down to planet Earth. But still, the thought of getting to influence their little lives and hug her little hands brings a little bit of nostalgia to my heart.

But every time I leave the house mid-day for a run around the neighborhood or take Rebecca to gymnastics or Elizabeth to dance I ask myself how in the world I was planning to get that done with THREE extra children. It just couldn't happen! I would be trapped at home. So, please don't judge me for sounding like a grumpy old lady. And just the thought of leaving home every day at 2:35 to pick them up from school. Ugh. We can't even get our own school done by then. Then, they wanted me to do school with THEIR children until they got home at 5:30. I think they're crazy! Or at least I would be.

0 comments: