CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Feeling Tired...all the time

I feel tired all the time. Well, not ALL the time but almost. There are one or two weeks in the month when I have energy. On those days I get the majority of my cleaning done and go like a mad woman to the mall, purchasing everything in sight. Then when I realize I shouldn't have bought something, it takes me about two to three weeks to wait for the next burst of energy to return the item.

I'm sad alot or at least two weeks out of the month...you can guess which two those are. When asked how I am I ALWAYS reply with, "I'm fine." or "I'm tired." Usually the latter.

I did nothing on Wednesday except go for my walk and take a two hour nap. I wanted to sleep all day on Thursday. I drank coffee to get the dishes done. I skipped my walk today so that I could have energy to go to the doctor. I quit co-op b/c I was too tired. I dread next year and wonder how I will educate my children next year. And I often wonder how I will get our daily chores done in the midst of school. I quit training for the 10k b/c I was tired all the time. I was almost there and could run 4 1/2 miles. How many people can do that? Now I can barely run 5 minutes.

I came home with two flavors of ice cream that I really don't recall looking at. It is challenging for me to focus and multi-task.

Now that I have everyone depressed...let me assure you I am okay. I was sure it was going to be thyroid related, yet deep inside I had a feeling it was okay. My tests have been normal. He suspects this next blood test will come out fine, too. His prognosis is that I need a mild anti-depressant. I'm not happy about this. Not that I need an anti-depressant b/c I suspect he is right, but I really don't want to put this chemical in my brain. And what if after a year he thinks I need to continue? He said it would only take a year. And honestly I really struggle with being known as the woman who needs an anti-depressant. That's horribly prideful. But I shouldn't have to live on caffeine to feel normal, to feel awake. He said it effects a lot of people in a lot of different ways, and for me it seems to be tiredness. He said one man runs marathons and then for days later he sleeps all the time. That sounds like me! I want to wake up and do something fun, but I have no energy. Zip. He did say he could be wrong, so I need to do a trial period.

So, if you read this could you just pray for me to have wisdom? I really want to know what I should do, but more than that I want to feel normal. Not tired. It may be worth it to take this drug to feel better.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Tired of feeling tired, huh? That sounds so familiar. Most of mine was the very low iron from my bad cycle every month. It started out kinda like you are describing. Haveing great energy and feeling good and BAM! I would hit a wall and literally slide down it cause I didn't have the energy to fall in a heap. I'm sure you are having that checked along with your thyroid, but at least you are not alone. (Hysterectomys are wonderful, by the way.)
Now, as a woman that has to take anti-depressants, it is not as horrible as you may be thinking. I was pretty amazed when I finally gave in and took the pills. It really made a huge difference. I started to be able to do just the basics, then little by little I was able to try fun things again. As for putting all those chemicals into your body, well, your body isn't making the chemicals you need. You are just replacing them. You would not be taking them to gain an unnatural high. You would be taking them just to kick start your body back into gear. And the dose would probably be very small. I take only 10mg a day. (I personally think the only reason I am still on them is because of my very, very close neighbor) My year will be up soon, so I'm going to ask the doctor about coming off soon. I don't expect any problems.
I would encourage you to give it a try. I hope you are able to find help in a form that feels comfortable for you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Tania, I have been there. I went off of a round of 10mg in February and have started a high dose of Omega Vitamins and a high dose of b12, b6, and other B complex and Acaia Berry and DHA. When I take them I feel great. In fact when i was trying to find the right amount of the ACAI berry and DHA I had several weeks where I felt like I imagine it to feel like being on SPEED..I would go to bed at 9:00 exhausted then wake up at 2: 00 am and do ALL the laundry clean the kitchen and just find all kinds of things to do then crash at 6:30...got that under control now...Back to PRIDE listen the longer I am around women who are secure enough to talk about their seasons of life as a woman the more I realize I was not CRAZY and I was not the only one and really almost everyone I know has suffered in some form or fashion w/this and it is temporary. A word of warning though the first week I took mine I slept like for four days straight, no kidding then I was jump started back to normal everything, so if you are sleepy at the beginning DON"T stop taking them, keep going at least for a month to let your body adjust. Get yourself back in shape and I am glad to have read you took things off you plate. I had someone tell me thare is ALOT of power in saying "no" especially when your reason is to take care of you. We all only have so much to give. And really should be giving to our familie first...I know you know all that. We love you and will be praying for you to find balance in the season of life.