CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Letting Go and Finding Something to Do

It is so absolutely wonderful to not have as much on my plate. And yet...I don't know what to do with myself! Don't get me wrong; I have a list. Somehow it's just getting to that list, finding a way to make it part of my life now. I find myself wondering what we can sign up for. Have I lost my mind? There are just so many wonderful options out there. I'd really love the kids to participate in this speech and debate club I found. They're all about the fact that only 5% of the nation feels comfortable speaking in front of others. I am quite confident that our president and even Bush would not be included in that percentage. Their goal is to flood the 5% with christians. Isn't that awesome?

Other thoughts for next year...it looks like Elizabeth is volunteering herself to continue in AWANAs. I can't believe it. I am astonished. Do you see me on the floor? This year has been so difficult for her. I mean we're talking tears and dread at least for 3/4 of the year. But once she realized I didn't care if she finished her book, that it was completely up to her she relaxed. And I was so proud of her that she kept diligently working on her book and making some progress. And I reminded her that there are lots of 9th graders who are just now finishing the book she is almost done with. AWANA is a hard program.

She is growing up, and she sees many of her friends going on to do Trek and Journey in AWANA so she wants to as well. I am excited about this b/c she will be learning to apply all of the scriptures she has already memorized for the past 3 years (well over 150 verses). It seems she will need less of my help, and that is exciting, too. I have to admit I love this stage of letting go. It is wonderful to not have quite as many responsibilities and things to juggle. The trick is knowing what to let go of at precisely the right time.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

Ah, I feel your dilema. It seemed to me that just when I had gotten good at one stage of motherhood, another one would come along. The letting go one seems to keep asking for more and more. I'm so proud of Elizabeth. It is hard to keep doing something that is so hard.