CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hinds Feet

If you have never read the book by Hannah Hurnard, you really must. It is called "Hinds Feet on High Places". I have the children's version and have never read the unabridged version. It is so excellent as a children's version that I'm not sure I ever will. Maybe it's easier for me to understand. What if I get the big, grown-up version and stare blankly at the page? I NEED illustrations. Anyway, it's about Much-Afraid and her journey to the high places and all the terrible lies and temptations she struggles with. Oh, it is so very good. I have been reading it to Rebecca, but I think it is more for me right now. It helps me at night when I wake-up thinking of all the terrible things that could happen. I remind myself these are only the lying relatives of pity, doubt, and pride. I can then blissfully go back to sleep! I highly recommend it for every worry wart out there, especially pregnant ones.

0 comments: