CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Just Stuff!

Glad everyone else can see the pictures because as of yet I have not been able to see the video on my blog. That's weird.

I have managed to clean and put away books in the living room. I have that part ready for school. I have not put away the books from last year that I moved up to the study a month ago (when I had my week off). I have not arranged the school room or hung up the maps I bought 3 weeks ago. I HAVE prayed A LOT.

God provided a really expensive curriculum from a friend. I still have to purchase the other half, but having this half to borrow was an answer to prayer.

I found a fairly new leotard for Rebecca on Craig's list for $10. It is worth about $40. She has her first competition on Sunday, and she must get used to the feeling of the leotard going up her batootie before then. They have beautiful black leotards with Zero Gravity printed in sparkly letters printed on the front. She is so excited and practices non-stop! Dear, LORD, help her, please! She asks me every second if I have heard from the lady who we are buying the practice leotard from. How DO you end a sentence without a preposition at the end? Everyone says not to do it, but they don't tell you how.

The expensive curriculum is a writing curriculum. Maybe they will tell me how.

Sally Clarkson rocks. I heard her at the homeschool conference. Man. She's really amazing. Every parent should listen to her. Every one. Every one. Every one.

The couple we are mentoring decided not to get married. How sad. They both want to, but he is severely depressed and doesn't know what to do. I met with her tonight and tried to offer encouragement. I just pray he goes to get help. It's really sad.

1 comments:

Gema said...

I feel I have been away from blogworld for soooo long. So good to catch up with all going on in your life. I loved the slide show--some awesome photos there. What a beautiful family you have. You are blessed. I miss you guys. Happy your curriculum is coming together. I am off to Women of Faith conference with Tammie and Jennifer this weekend. Can't wait!