CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Decorating!

Yesterday I found the most beautiful quilt at TJ Max for our new upstairs guest room. It was only $39 (not as good of a deal as Mom and Tammie's rummage sale, but still a good deal). It even had pillow shams to match on another shelf. I thought it was a good find. It looks so pretty and feminine. We'll eventually be moving our furniture into the guest bedroom, and we both think that was a stroke of genius because the furniture matches both in style and wood stain. I feel so good that some things are finally coming together. Now I just need to tackle the closet in the hall (hah!) and our room (double hah!).

I was reading hgtv's site last night about color choices. "Have you ever picked a color only to find that nothing in the world, including your room, matches that color?" That would be me! Yep. I LOVE the color of our room, but everything I find to match it is so UGLY. Therefore there is nothing on the walls. None of the furniture even matches. I feel stuck. My next step will be calling in a decorator. That sounds like such a grown-up thing to do, but I think it just may be time...

HOPE: I picked up some magazines today with the same exact color on the walls, or at least close. Why is it that those things look like they would never go in MY room? Is the color that different? Are the windows special? Or is it that they just don't care how well it matches because in the end they touch it up on the computer before putting it on the cover? The picture does look lovely. I bet they have special lighting! I can only hope mine will look just as pretty.

And why is it that my husband had to buy a new computer program; but it wouldn't work on our computer so we had to get a new computer? Same reason I HAD to paint our room and now we'll need new furniture to GO with the paint! Life is funny.

3 comments:

no_iffer said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL! And so wonderfully homey and inviting. I don't know why on earth you would think you would need a decorator when you have so much artistic talent. I am sure you will make your room perfect no matter what color the walls are.
And really, why do guys always need new gadgety things. Troy is at a store right this minute buying the new Madden NFL game. Did I mention he has 00, 01, 02, 03, 04....but we must have the 08 version. Boys and their toys!

Tammie said...

I love the color of your bedroom! It is so soft and peaceful, even spa like. Don't give up on it yet. Maybe you could use compimentary colors in the rest of the room instead of trying to match the walls? But then, who am I to give decorating advice? The woman with the burnt orange living room.

tpot said...

Well, don't tell Micah he's getting '08 as they just bought '07 I think. We had to have it for the Wii. Of course!

And thanks both of you for the encouragement on the deco.