CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 10, 2007

Pain

Well, you guys are at my mercy today. I have a lot to say. I went to the chiropractor today... I didn't care for it at all. It freaked me out, really. He showed me the x-rays of my spine and skull and how my neck was not where it should be. Even my head is turned to the right (I had already noticed that at home). But the thing is...I do feel better. Much better. But it just creeps me out. Please pray for me to be able to endure this if this is what I must do. At least Micah is going with me and getting his back adjusted, too. If you have never been, it is weird. Just plain weird. At least I can turn my head today much further than I have been able to in days.

For those of you who don't know I received inserts for my shoes from a doctor a month ago. My low arch was causing my ankle and entire foot to hurt to the point where I couldn't walk across the room. I even sprained my ankle at one point just from running a little. For 4 years I've been thinking it was my shoes. When I could no longer walk in my home I realized I needed more help. Too bad my family physician didn't realize that. At any rate the inserts have completely changed the way I walk, stand, run. Everything. And apparently my back, too. I have had pain so bad that it sends me to bed in tears. This week I gave up when I couldn't turn my head on Wednesday. My shoulder muscle was so tight it felt like a huge rock was in there-REALLY!

I have now been told I have a high pain threshold. Great. Just Great. Not what I wanted to hear. Hopefully there is an end in sight.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

Hey! I wish you would have called me. I will be glad to come and give you a treatment - free of charge. Or as many as you need. You might like the Chiro. better, but it would be worth a try. Just let me know!

tpot said...

That might be good. You're not going to snap around are you? I was okay about it all until Micah said, "Isn't it frieky how he could just snap your neck and kill you?" Yeah. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks, Honey!

Tammie said...

No snapping, unless you want to see me get sick. Gives me the heebie jeebies, too! Just some slow, steady movements that deal with the muscles, not the bones. AFter all, the muscles are what keep our bones aligned. Here's my thought: Your muscles are used to moving and resting in one way that hurt your feet. Now you've changed that and your muscles are complaining loudly because they don't know how to change to the new way by themselves. Just a different way to look at the problem.