CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

TOO FAR OUT

Okay, this one is cynical. Yesterday my mom was called by a neighbor stating that a man was in their backyard, and it was not my dad. Dad said indeed he was not there but had left the house 30 minutes before. The neighbor and my mom went over there to find a homeless man, drunk and unclothed in their pool! At any rate, she called the police and they said they weren't coming out because he hadn't broken into the house! My dad asked him to sit down and wait for the police to come, but he wouldn't do it. So, my dad chased him for two hours in the car. He called the police every time the man went into a different store.

Then Mom saw a cop car sitting in a parking lot, so she went over there to him and asked him if he could help. He said no he could not because he was on an assignment (in the parking lot?). Anyway, my dad called to say he was across the street from where my mom was, so I guess that convinced the cop to go over there and check him out. Meanwhile the police found time in their schedule to go to my mom's house. Of course they weren't there because they were doing the police's job of chasing the guy! When the police questioned him he said, "Well the man was asleep so I decided to take a bath." My dad had been asleep in the house right before leaving, so that means the man looked in the window to spy on him. My dad left without ever knowing the guy was there!

A few weeks ago in a nearby city someone stole a man's truck meanwhile hitting him on the head. He called the police and they came out. Of course the men got away, and the police then charged him $500 because the robbers weren't there and he "lived too far out". Too far out for what? Too far out for you to...DO YOUR JOB? What's this world coming to?

0 comments: