CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My How the Day Flies By!

The kids have all gone off somewhere, and I am like a mad woman. Elizabeth is at McKenzie's house, her cousin, and Blaine and Rebecca are at Ge-ma's house for camp. I pictured myself lounging around while they were gone, reading a book, sleeping late, etc. But instead I am awake by 6:00 or 6:30 and have a list scrolling through my head of what needs to be done for the entire week. I cannot control myself while they are away. I have scrubbed, thrown out, given away, straightened, and vacuumed until I am worn out. I currently have 10 bags of stuff in the garage to go to The Salvation Army. I have thrown out about 3 bags of garbage from people's rooms. And the sad part is that most of the stuff has been mine, except for the garbage. I have completely cleaned everyone's rooms except Elizabeth's. She keeps hers spic and span. Must have gotten that from her dad. I have finally managed to force myself to sit down after a nice relaxing bath. I stayed in my pajamas until 2 o'clock! I just couldn't take the time to get dressed before I got started.

Yesterday was the mad shopping spree day. I have had a list of errands to run for 3 months now. 3 months! I got them all done and back home by 3pm. Unfortunately I already have another list brewing in my head. Oh well. Micah and I enjoyed a wonderful date at Chuy's complete with a dinner outside. It was such nice weather. Truly a beautiful time.

I have now worked on school stuff for a little while and now I think I will do some artwork. I am really thankful to have this time alone in my own home to do some things that have desperately needed to be done. Thanks, Christy and Mom!

0 comments: