CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Whiney Blog

I am so sick of feeling sick! I had such a wonderful time getting away for a few days in Mexia, Texas. It was really fun. It was great not to have to cook when you feel like barfing. But it was such a bummer that I just didn't feel like myself. I wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there for a while. I slept a lot, which is good. But I'd much rather be playing games: Mexican Train, cards, whatever. At least I did feel good enough to play one game of Spades. Somehow I suffered through a game of Kent and Settlers before dropping off into a dead sleep.



I'm at 10 weeks tomorrow. Only a few more filled with sickness to go? I hope so....We hear the baby's heartbeat Monday. Maybe that will give me some courage.



I was so appreciative last night when I had to go to the bathroom. The sudden realization struck me that all I had to do was hop right into my bathroom. I didn't have to stumble over rocks and a creepy forest, just a laundry basket and a fan. :)



The unwhiney part of my blog: I loved that the kids got to go fishing together. I loved that the boys wished they could catch as many fish as their nieces. Lakes and fishing make me feel so peaceful. My dad is a fisherman, so it all reminds me of good times growing up.



It was also great seeing the kids run off and play outside, kicking a ball around, shooting water guns, exploring cemeteries, catching bugs, and tossing stuffed animals around a cabin. They really had a great time. I really appreciate Papa Don and the many aunts and uncles who took care of them so they could fish, try out the swimming hole, and go for a hike. I cannot imagine if I had to do all of that. I would have cratered.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm so glad that you braved it this week. Even if you did have walk in the creepy woods to go to the bathroom at night, it wouldn't have been the same without you.