CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

So Much Fun!

This week Blaine and I had the opportunity to be alone for 24 hours or so. I guess it's just that kind of summer. We had so much fun. We read. I read to him, and he read to me. A lot. We ate lunch at Burger King (King Burger as he likes to call it). We were hoping for a Transformer Happy Meal but were disappointed with G.I. Joe. He managed to fall in love with the G.I. Joe toy anyway. We went to HEB together and, sporting his BK crown, he walked around the cart while I shopped making all kinds of warrior type noises, making the G.I. Joe fight imaginary forces in the store. Many were on the shelves.

I traced his body on a sheet of butcher paper and we learned about the different parts of his body. Brain, heart, kidneys, pancreas, bladder, gall bladder, and liver. He colored them, cut them out; I taught him how to glue, and he pasted them on. At one point we were walking upstairs, he grabbed my hand and said, "It's fun just me and you." My heart could have burst in two.

1 comments:

Gema said...

Sounds like such a fun day with Blaine. So nice to have a special time just one on one. And I loved his comment about you being alone during the week....Kids are so fun. I sure do miss all of them--tis too quiet around here.