CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School Has Started

School has started and is in full force now. We have completed an entire week, officially. We've even had our first vacation. Can't beat that. The girls are working diligently this year on writing, something I have neglected for the past umpteen years. I love to write; though, I am not particularly good at it and handing out a writing assignment doesn't come naturally. But, with the wonderful help of Ruth Beechick we have many good ideas to start with. Today they wrote about how they are different from one of their pets. The hard part was choosing which pet to compare themselves to. I was so dang proud of them, and their assignments came out really good! I cannot believe how creative they are. And I was impressed with Elizabeth's complex sentence structure. With absolutely no grammar instruction at all (gasp) she knew the placement of almost every comma and period. She writes very well in my opinion.

Last night I had a dream that Rebecca wrote a rhyme and stood up to read it in front of a homeschool class. One of my good friends commented that it wasn't very good. I couldn't believe she said that, but then one of the moms stood up and said that Rebecca's mom should never be allowed to teach writing on her own. The only problem was that I was assigned to teach writing to that class! I wanted to crawl under a table! I only hoped they wouldn't find out that I was her mother. I guess I have a few fears about teaching writing.

It's 3 o'clock, and we have officially finished school. Blaine is waiting eagerly to play his new computer game from Wendy's. It's pretty awesome apparently.

. . .

This morning Blaine greeted me in the hallway. He looked up from his sprawled position on the floor with, "Wow! That's a big tummy!" Good morning to you, too, Blaine.

Last week we had left-over enchiladas. He takes one bite, says excuse me, runs over to the middle of the kitchen and says, "This food makes me want to throw-up!" We corrected him, and he responded with, "Well, you told me not to say it at the table, and I didn't." He has a point there. That boy cracks me up. I just don't know what to do with him sometimes! You never know what he's going to say. I can't wait for him to start writing. I want to see that boy's thoughts on paper.

. . .

I have been feeling the baby kick, wriggle, and flip for about a month now. It has been amazing. Today especially the little fellow has been going at it. I had chocolate pudding, and somehow chocolate always makes him/her excited. Maybe that means it's a girl? We still haven't decided on names. Catherine is the name we have settled on the most, but I'm still not 100% sure. The boy name is a complete mystery. My dad and Micah LOVE Logan and Cole. I think they are very nice names; I just don't like them for my baby. Sorry. My poor, poor husband. You think I'd at least let him choose a boy name!

. . .

ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT UNTIL WE SEE THE LITTLE BABY!!! Maybe we'll find out if it's a girl or boy; we really hope so and are praying for that! I have a crib in the garage ready to set-up, and a pocketbook burning a hole to buy some kind of cute bedding! Terrible. I'm just praying everything checks out okay on the sonogram. Mommies worry so much. Ugh.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

LOL! You make me laugh. I loved your dream. I have had some old people dreams too. Like they just get up and start walking and doing everything themselves. Then everyone looks at me and asks why I was doing therapy when this lady didn't need it. She healed herself. Pretty wierd.
Please let us know what we should all be expecting. I can't wait to meet this new member of the family.