CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My turn at Randomness

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement from my previous post. I cannot tell you how meaningful it is to read comments to blogs that you post. Thank you.

I'm up late tonight with not much of anything to say. I cannot sleep even though I'm tired and actually seeing stars. Scary.

Abigail had shots today, and she has been super cranky. Poor little girl. Not like herself at all as she is a very happy go-lucky girl, and this has made me realize it all the more. I bought her a little sea horse today at Target, but it doesn't work. A sad little girl deserves a cute little toy when her mom drives home in a torrent of rain to give it to her! Shucks.

The days pass so quickly. I always want to blog and before I know it, it has been a week or longer. Blaine is still having night terrors; though, while we were at my mom's house he didn't have any. My mom held Abigail for three days straight. We could be dealing with a few reprucutions from such activity...

I miss Adam.

Since my last whiny, lonely post I have:

  • Gone on two walks with a friend
  • Gone to the Botanical Gardens & the LBJ Ranch with my family
  • Gone to see my mom and dad for 3 days
  • Visited with friends at Park Day for 2 hours

I feel like things are looking up. It was soooo good to see my mom. I needed her company.

I couldn't sleep last night either. A friend, someone I don't know extremely well, had to do something really hard. She is pregnant and has two small children. She had to leave her husband because he is abusive. That is depressing isn't it? I'm sorry, but it is what I am thinking about. I felt for her and couldn't stop praying for her that she would go through with it. And she did. She is now safely living somewhere where no one knows but her. It is hard to believe that you can meet someone and know a little about their family. Then you find out later what kind of hell they have been living in all their lives. Really sad.

I love my husband, and I love my family. Sometimes I have to pinch myself. I get frustrated with my kids when they ask me for a million things like...

  • where are the toothbrushes? (same place they always are)
  • where are the band aids? (ditto)
  • what can I eat? (we're pretty boring and eat pretty much the same things)

But golly I really love them and think they are great.

At youth group tonight some boy asked Elizabeth what book she was reading. She stuck the book out, and he commented that he had never heard of it before. She told her daddy she thought it strange that he had asked her the same question at the youth retreat. How odd indeed... :[ Is it really already time for this?

I really do think we have the prettiest baby ever. I am so infatuated with her!

0 comments: