CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Overwhelmed on Wednesday

Warning: This is going to be a potentially boring post in which I just need to talk through some things to figure something out.

I've stopped in the middle of my chores. I'm snacking on my "ZBar" and thirsting for milk. Laundry is waiting and currently on hold. Baby is sleeping, fed, and bathed. I've got kids who need things to do. Things need to be double checked and held accountable. But for now. I need to blog. I need to figure out what's going on here. Too bad you can't make "I's" stand out by capitalizing them. They already are. "Duh!" as my kids would say. I need to blog. THERE- that's much better.

EVERY solitary Wednesday morning I get completely overwhelmed. Does everyone else? Is it because it is no longer the beginning of a new week yet not the end of an old week? I have to figure this out. About this time I figure out I don't have enough time to accomplish all the tasks I wanted to for the week, yet I really want to play. I have errands to run, and for me that's "playing". I love to run errands!

Back to the point. Wednesdays are filled with distractions. EVERYONE needs medicines on Wednesdays, or at least they decide they do. EVERYONE seems distracted. Blaine wants to find his tiger that none of us have seen for months, maybe years. Elizabeth's hamster dies. Rebecca's pecks hurt from doing over 150 push-ups at the gym. Baby spits up countless times on the day I have no burp cloths because.....TODAY IS THE DAY I'M SUPPOSED TO WASH THEM! I just don't get it. Murphy's law, I guess.

So, in the midst of all this distractedness I refocus. I go to my closet. Laundry is everywhere. And I do mean everywhere. I have rid our closet of a laundry hamper and chide myself for doing something so foolish before having a solution. It was everywhere anyway because a certain DH didn't put it in the hamper anyway. I figured why fight a losing battle? Mine was the only clothes to fish out and for some reason he has four or five times more clothes to wash than me. Wednesdays are the day I ponder over this phenomenon because Wednesdays are the day it completely stresses me out.

Monday and Tuesday the girls do their laundry. I haven't figured out any other way. I'm trying to allow them the opportunity to grow up. I gave them their own laundry day. *A door just slammed.* That just means that by Wednesday I have had THREE days of no washing. Can you imagine??? Everything is piled up and staring at me in corners.

And that's it. For now it just seems to be the laundry that is actually overwhelming. Maybe it's not Wednesday after all. Maybe, just maybe it's L-A-U-N-D-R-Y that's overwhelming.

0 comments: