CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Change is coming

I feel fear grip my heart. Often I wonder if I am living my life as Christ would have me live it. Am I reaching those around me? No, I am staying in. I create my own little bubble, and I keep others out. I want to affect change for the kingdom of God. I want to be there for the brokenhearted, the needy, the ones who need Jesus. But I don't know how. I feel chained to the way I have always done things. But I must break out and do things differently.

When Jesus went to heaven he said that we were to go and make disciples. I am doing that with my children (though i think I could do better), but I am not doing it with those around me. Am I loving the unlovable? We do not know how long they will be here. They could be gone in an instant. Do I stereotype people and say, "They are not the Christian type?" We are all lost. We are all in need of Christ. It is just that we have been found by the Almighty, stripped and made clean and new. That is what I want for those around me. It means I am going to have to get dirty. I am going to have to be uncomfortable. I am going to have to change. Can I do this?

I will pray.

1 comments:

Gema said...

I feel exactly like you do. You could not have expressed it better. I want to do more. I want to touch others--for them to see Jesus in me and want that to. But I stay too much at home in my own little world.
You can do it, Tania and so can I. I pray for God to lead us where he wants us.