CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How Great is Our God

We are all posting on the same days...

Abigail is officially 7 months old today. Boohoo. It's so happy-sad to see your kids grow into healthy wonderful people. But I can't seem to spend enough time with her to feel like I'm grabbing hold of all those wonderful moments.

Rebecca did really well at her first gymnastics meet! We were proud to see her shine!!! Her total score was 34.55 out of 40. She received four red ribbons! I'm quite proud of my girl! (Vault: 8.9 Bars: 8.4 Beam 8.55 Floor 8.7) Only two of her teammates went placement for this meet, and they received first and second place overall! Rebecca will compete for placement not this meet but the next.

I have purchased enough school books to teach 7 children. Now I have to organize them all and find a place for them.

The kids are taking care of our neighbors dogs, cats, and chickens. The chickens have now eaten everything from our fridge, and I don't know what else to give them. I think I'll pull some weeds or something tomorrow. Will that kill them?

I'm planning baby shower games and determined to be creative without corny.

I'm doing a variation on Julie & Julia. I've NEVER had a recipe work out in my crockpot. I've owned it for almost 15 years. Before giving it the boot, I bought a crockpot cookbook; and I'm making one crockpot recipe every day. Today we had bread pudding! Yum!

I love the book "The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson

I have learned what it means that we cannot give away what we do not have. We cannot give God's grace to our children when we have not received it for ourselves. I love the women in my Bible study. They are so awesome.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

Have I told you lately how much I love your sweet nature? Thank you for sharing your life with us.