CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Monday

I woke up feeling pretty good. I was hopeful of better days, and then...

Micah couldn't move. He was stuck in bed. After a weekend of mowing, standing on concrete, and playing in the pool his back was completely out. I couldn't believe it. He could barely get to the bathroom. I felt for him. He visited the chiropractor that morning, but it didn't help. The chiropractor really did nothing. All I can say is he lost a patient. Micah needed help, and he took no action upon himself to help him. He went home and rested the whole day with meds, heat, and Bio freeze.

The next morning the same. We woke up at 6 something to get him to a doc at 8:15. My internist whom I've really grown to respect looked him over. He quizzed him about many things, as he had done with me. I was amazed to see him in action but over a completely different subject. He determined that he did not have a herniated disc. He sent for x-rays downstairs at the Austin Radiological Center. He barely made it down there. Since, he has been on muscle relaxants and referred to a physical therapist that will teach him the McKenzie method. We have heard others recommend this method and are hopeful of its results. With the meds he has been able to make it to work and come home. That is all. All other moments he has been asleep. Friday he made it to Blaine's birthday party by a miracle. I am tired. Tired of all this. I have to do pretty much everything. And he hurts.

The chiropractor has since gone on and on about how he should be doing this or doing that. He ordered an MRI on Tuesday after learning that he went to a MD. He may be completely right, but he should have been right on Monday. We still have not gotten the order from his office to get the MRI. It has been a week. He has no one to blame but himself for losing a client. Micah thinks the world of him, but when you need help and can't get it you have to go fishing for yourself.

0 comments: