CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday

I woke up with no voice and a raging sore throat. Did you know that you can lose your voice for 9 days straight and have lumps in your throat as big as Life Savers? Well you can, and from allergies, too. So I visited the after hours clinic and was supplied with Allegra, Nasonex, and Sudafed. I had already stocked up from People's Pharmacy on some Immune boosting stuff. Did you know that it is possible to take up to 45 pills or more a day? Well it is. I had to drink tar, or it least it tasted like it. I've also had licorice root, and I don't recommend it. In just two weeks we spent almost $200 just in medications (just co-pays) and vitamin supplements. In fact when I went to pick-up my last prescription I guess we had used so many meds that the insurance just got tired of us. I was told that it would cost $143 for my Allegra med. Thank the Lord I tried to pick it up that day b/c I was starting to feel better. The day before I would have done ANYTHING.

And did you know that it is somewhat possible to run a two story house by whispering? I have learned how. And now I know why nuns fast from talking every once in a while. It builds much self-control (which I seem to be lacking today). God sustained us and carried us. My friends loved on us and watched our kids countless times. People have brought meals, driven me places when I was too dizzy, and mowed our lawn. We are overwhelmed by every one's prayers. By His grace and yet another doc app I am finally feeling better. And then...

2 comments:

Gema said...

Tania, it is so good to have you back in the blog world. I am so sorry you have been through so much in the past month or more--way more than your share. I feel awful that we have been away and not there to help out--I had no idea all the health struggles you and Micah were going through. I do pray you are both entering the stage of healing and getting your good health back. I have missed your blogs and knowing what is going on with everyone. We all love you and I am so glad you have so many faithful friends there to lean on.

tpot said...

Thanks, Mom. Micah really appreciated your phone call the other night. He is doing way better than Monday and Tues. He received a special lumbar pillow from his PT. That has helped him immensely. It seems this doc is really together and strict. Did I already tell you that? He seems to know his stuff and leave nothing left unsaid. That is what Micah needs.