CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Lately

What have we been up to lately? Well, a bunch of everything it seems. A bunch of school. A bunch of co-op. A bunch of cleaning. A bunch of laundry. A bunch of chores. A bunch of child training. A bunch of AWANA. Just a bunch. I feel like a circus clown trying to keep everything going.

Blaine started school last week. The girls are teaching him so far, but I have to keep my ears peeled to make sure they are doing it the way I would. I don't want him growing up with some complex about math or something. I'm sure I will have many days of teaching him, too; but for now this is working.

The girls are learning about botany. I have learned more than I ever did in my entire growing up years in just two weeks. Maybe I wasn't a good student or didn't read everything. I don't know. But did you know that EVERY tree produces a leaf with a planned structure? The outside edge, the apex, the size, the placement on the stem, the shape? I had no idea. This is ground breaking for me. I thought it was sort of random, with a little bit of similarity. Shame on me! Also, the leaves "FALL" because God cuts off the water supply to the leaf with a little scab. Without water it can no longer make chlorophyll. No chlorophyll means no green color. Hence the leaves turn back to their natural COLOR. Wow! Then they fall off the trees (bc they have no water) allowing the tree to conserve what little water it will receive during the frozen winter months. Leaves have tiny mouths that constantly release water into the air. During the winter they need to stop releasing water, so they 'FALL' off. Wow! Nature is so amazing!!!! God is so amazing!!!

What else? I have been able to exercise for about 7 weeks straight now. The most for this whole year, I believe. CB inspired me with her Pilate's videos. I realized I had some collecting dust, so I pulled them out. I also purchased some yoga videos. I love them all. I can tell I have gotten much stronger. I have also been doing strength training, so I know that is part of it. But I am not able to run/walk every day. My ankle and foot still hurt too much if i do that. But I can mix it up with some biking. That helps.

Dare I say that I have also been trying to eat better? Don't you just hate to say that? It seems as soon as you do you fall flat on your face! Well, fall if I must, I will continue by God's grace. I have prayed this time. Prayed that God would take away the desire for sweets (this could take years) and give me a desire for vegetables. I can't believe it, but I actually ate cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots for breakfast yesterday. How weird is that? But I actually wanted it! That's way weird. But never fear! I shall have my turkey and dressing and pie!

3 comments:

Max said...

I am proud of you. I can't seem to stick with a good diet and exercise. I fell off the DP wagon. YEP! Too much fatigue and I went right back to them. Keep up the good work.

no_iffer said...

Wow! Busy little bees! And with the world's craziest family arriving in about a week! Geez!

I am proud of your exercising! I can't keep up with anything. I figure running to the lunch room for my 28 minute lunch and scquatting repeatedly besides a student who needs help has to count for something.

What a good idea to let the girls teach Blaine. I am sure they will learn things much better by teaching him as well. Teaching is the best way to learn something, I think.

Gema said...

I am so proud of you for your exercise program. Doesn't it make you feel good and strong. I know you will keep it up--just take a tiny break for TG and Christmas--and then January is always an inspirational month for exercising.
And I admit that I learned more whiile homeschooling than in my own education. It is like the light bulb in my brain turned on--oh, I get it now! So if that happens to you while teaching it is great that the girls are teaching Blaine, huh?