CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mixer

My mom's mixer of 33 + years just broke today. She gave it to me many years ago. I'm having a sort of mourning as it encompasses so many memories. I learned to bake with it. I remember standing on a chair with my mom hundreds of times, and baking is now one of my very favorite things to do. Then all the memories with my children. All three of them have stood by my side, ready to push the buttons on cue....Spinning the bowl when it would stop. It has made countless smoothies and bowls and bowls of cakes and cookies. And licking the beaters! Yum! Boo hoo.

3 comments:

no_iffer said...

oh, that is tragic!I am so sorry for your loss.

Do you need me to bring my han mixer to thanksgiving?

Gema said...

I'm so sorry. I have my Mom's old mixer with all the memories attached to it. I keep it even though it shocks me so i can't use it. Maybe you can use it as a kitchen decoration memory for you.

tpot said...

I have a hand mixer I am borrowing. Thank you though.