CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Draggin'

I'm with tammie. My feet are just draggin'. The only thing hustling is my exercise routine, but it is still in need of a little raz-a-ma-taz. I'm excited to say that Micah and I have been running/walking together. That has been so fun for me! I just pray that with him going back to work we can continue the magic.

I really don't want to start school tomorrow. I am truly draggin' about that. I'm in total denial. I really want to move to Tahiti.

The only thing encouraging is that we did manage to remove all signs of Christmas from our house this weekend. I was so depressed thinking of taking it all down that I forced myself to do it. I vacuumed everything in sight except the top of the fire place that will require an extremely tall ladder. :) I polished every piece of furniture until they literally squeaked. All signs of Christmas and December Dust have left the premises. And, now, we start another year. This Christmas I somehow want to have all my Christmas money saved and ready for December so that I don't have to wait to December 20th to finish all my purchases. That was nail biting.

As Tammie said, I do have a goal of losing weight, but I didn't post that. Last year I managed to lose 8 pounds and kept it off. This year I would like to lose 20 pounds, but do you know how discouraging that sounds to me? I don't even want to talk about it. And that's bad because that scares me into thinking it won't happen.

Our pastor spoke today on how 80% of Americans will give up on all their resolutions by Valentine's Day. So, he said, you should choose ones that are possible to accomplish. "So, I've decided to quit smoking," he said. The whole place roared with laughter b/c of course he doesn't smoke! Lastly he said you should have someone help keep you accountable to make sure you accomplish your goals, "So," he said, "this year I'm going to have the police keep me from speeding." I so understand his sentiments. So many years I just don't WANT to make a resolution.

1 comments:

Gema said...

I,too, can empathize with you and Tammie and the "sluggies". I am there, too. Just can't get too enthused and excited about anything.. But today was better. I worked upstairs in the school room getting all my files cleaned out, paying bills, getting tax stuff together--all the stuff that is NOT FUN to do but feels so good to you once it is done. And it is done. And I feel better. You have some wonderful resolutions. I think we should all help each other be accountable to them. I want to lose 20 pounds too--but all day all I wanted to eat was SWEETS. But we shall persevere and do it!