CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Make Me a Sanctuary

Secondly, I don't know how to say it without bursting with pride. My artwork is hanging up in our new church! How else can I give God glory except to beam with joy and surprise? I feel so honored. I feel so amazed. It seems so appropriate when thinking of my entire life on some kind of timeline put together by God. NOT that I deserve it or saw it coming; quite the opposite. What I thought was going to be a little blip on my radar of things going on this week has really surprised me. It somehow feels like a huge, monumental moment for me. I didn't know the work was going to be going up. I thought maybe they would hang it up in a couple of months, but they went ahead and chose it right away. There were so many better pieces that could have been chosen, but God chose mine! What does this mean? I fear and think it means He wants me to do more. Oh boy.

Without going into a long ordeal...
I look back over my life, and I think about what the Lord has done in me. I went from Christian to hell scum and back to Christ again. He did that. There is no other explanation. When I painted that painting I was not following the Lord, in fact I was probably as far FROM God as anyone could be. I haven't done much since then. In fact I have struggled with, "What does God really want me to do?" How do I give Him glory? How do I begin?

But how appropriate that my "coming out" would be through the church. That He would take this work that symbolizes a time when I was trying to fill myself with everything to fit His space in my heart, redeem it and HANG IT UP. Wow. That amazes me. Sisters, He truly can use the dregs of our life to glorify Him.

My work has never been so professionally matted, framed, and hung before. (I did have a showing upon graduation, but it somehow lacked the spark because it was not a Christ-centered gallery). I don't know. I am just elated that God would choose me to display His splendor in His beautiful new building.
Thank you, God.

1 comments:

Tammie said...

Oh my Gosh! What a blessing! I'm about to burst with curiosity. Can you post a picture of your painting? I'm so happy for you and astounded by God's use of what you thought was a usless (to Him) time for you.
Isn't God good?! He shows us how He was with us when we really thought we were so far away from Him. He's amazing.