CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

One or Two Resolutions Down...

A few hundred to go!

This weekend I was actually able to accomplish a few things on my list.
1) An inexpensive bedspread for my bed...found it at Garden Ridge for $19! Bed skirt, pillow shams, and a comforter. Done. Even labeled the same color as the paint on our walls.
2) New cotton sheets for our bed...$20 from HEB. I'm such a bargain hunter.
3) New chair for our living room...$299 from Garden Ridge/$100 off. It's a chair-and-a-half. Micah's broke, and his back has been killing him. This was a collection of all his birthday money and a portion of his raise. This was a huge answer to prayer in that we shopped around the sale flyers only to find that places like Ashley some how miraculously no longer had the great deals on the floor that they advertised for. "But we have these other chairs over here that cost 3x as much. I'm sure you'd love these." I wanted to smack her; of course we love them.

It was so exhilarating using cash to purchase the chair. I loved pulling out $300 and handing it to the lady. So awesome. I also really believe it kept us on track at the other stores to not spend more than we planned on. We said $300 or less and we stuck to it! Yeah God. So now the living room somehow magically has all come together. We both feel really pleased with the way it looks and feels. Extraordinary!

So now I am done shopping and need to go back to save, save, save. Somehow I have learned to like both.

2 comments:

Kia said...

Oh I've been looking for a bedspread for our guest bedroom. I never thought of Garden Ridge!! I'm going tomorrow!! Yipee!!

Tammie said...

Good for you! I can't believe you got so much done. That's amazing.
I was just telling Jennifer how freeing in some ways paying in cash is. I really like it. It really cuts back on some of those tough decisions. $350? Nope. We have $300. Keep looking. I love it. I'm so glad to hear how God showed up for you when you were being a good steward. He's so good. Oh! and so are you!