CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Worth It

Ladies, thank you all for writing me such sweet thoughts on my discouraging day! I really needed it! I was talking through our week one night with Micah. Crying. Sobbing. Ready to give up. I mentioned to him that we had started praying in the mornings. He said, "That' what's wrong! The enemy is just attacking you for doing this." I knew he was right, but I kinda didn't want to believe it. But somehow my recognition of the very fact broke something in all of us, and we had a wonderful day Thursday and Friday, even with a prayer time. Let me tell you those were some excruciating days between Tuesday and Wednesday!

Last night rebecca was talking to me at bedtime, and she said she had something she wanted to talk to me about. She confessed she had been treating her friend meanly, and that God had showed her that during one of our quiet times. I was sad to hear of her sin, but honestly about to jump for joy right through the roof!

"You mean, all those hard days were worth it? You mean all those tears and frets and worryings weren't for naught? You mean GOD was actually DOING something in all that?"

I was amazed. My friends, even in our weakest points (dare I say: BECAUSE of our weakest points) God is at work.

Am I ready for this week? Surely not. But, with God's help I can be.

0 comments: