CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

Maria...

was an answer to prayer. I felt horrible yesterday morning. My head was spinning and I had a splitting headache. After two days I was tired of feeling that way. I sat on the couch and cried. When would my life be normal again? What if I felt this way after the baby arrived? Would I be able to care for her or the other children? I didn't even know if I could take care of them now. Putting them in school just so they would have childcare seemed a viable option.

I finally decided to stop "coping" and just call my doctor's office. The nurse has been in close contact with me about what is going on. At 1pm on the dot, she called back. Maria was her name. My regular nurse was out of the office for the day. Coincidence? I don't think so. She talked to the doctor who reported I should be eating every 2 hours. Well, that could be why I feel like crap all the time. She said to eat little bits of protein at each "meal" and only 4 total carbs for the whole day. But, bless her heart, the first thing she said was, "Your sugar really wasn't that bad (it was 4 points over), and maybe on Friday the test will hopefully come out fine." I wanted to hug her, send her flowers, tell her how special she was! Heaven sent. I desperately needed her encouragement. She talked with me for a while about nutrition and the importance of eating protein after exercise and drinking 10 glasses of water a day. I felt all the pieces come into place and a complete peace wash over me. I was concerned about drinking more glucola if I was already dizzy (I have another test this morning at 7am). She reassured me that the doctor stated it only stays in your bloodstream for 2 hours. Whew. She even told me to bring along protein to eat after the test. What a sweetheart. God bless Maria!

I went and had a praise moment afterward! God is so good. We just don't even know.

0 comments: