CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Zero Gravity Girls Team Places 2nd!!!

The gymnastic meet went really well. My mom and I had a good time driving down together. We got to chat and sit in a little traffic. Not too bad. I helped her find the tollway which she has never been able to find. We ate at Chili's that night. Man, it was good! I had broccoli, mashed potatoes, french fries, and a hamburger. Now before you all freak out, I halved everything with Rebecca. Except the broccoli. I gave some of that to my mom and scarfed the rest. They make really good broccoli there. Try it. It's only $1.50 and well worth it! But it was the best Bacon Ranch Burger I've ever had. I was so hungry. We topped it off with some fresh baked caramel chocolate chip cookies from the hotel desk.

The hotel was posh. A nice king-sized bed for mom and me, and Rebecca had her own little fold out couch with her own tv. She thought she was in heaven. :)

We woke early the next morning to get her dressed and ready. While it poured rain we enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel. There is nothing like ice cold orange juice!

My mom thoroughly enjoyed the meet. She had lots of questions about what was going on and how things worked. It's kind of like a circus, and you have to pick where to focus. We focused on our girl, of course. The judge's handed out low scores this time around, but Rebecca shined on the beam. She got her best score ever on beam, a 9.0! Even some of the girls that always do really well on beam only scored 9.4. So I was happy with that. Everything else she scored in the 8 range. But I thought she did really well. I video recorded her routines so she could see them later. This was the best I have ever been able to see her routines. And to top off the whole weekend her team placed 2nd out of all the teams there!!!! The funny thing was I didn't notice it until I saw the coach with a rolled up banner. Kind of embarrassing, but they had pictures to look at on these computers, and I was busy doing that and trying to get done so we could get out of there when it was over. Rebecca came home with 5 metals. She was quite proud of herself!!! I think she was disappointed in her scores but wouldn't admit it.

We enjoyed lunch at Chik-Fil-A, with a milk shake provided by Granny. Then we stopped at Kid to Kid in San Antonio, my all-time favorite resale shop here in Austin. I had no idea they had one in other cities, but there it was right by our hotel! I found a cute nursing cover, some maternity jeans from Motherhood, and a sweater. Oh, and one cute little outfit for only $2! I only spent $20 on all that stuff. I was very pleased. I love that place.

On the way home it rained cats and dogs. We couldn't see the traffic in front of us, so we had to drive real slow and it took forever to get home. All in all, I'm REALLY glad I went with my mom. I think it might have been stressful driving home in all that rain with someone I don't know as well. And...I wouldn't have gotten a wonderful weekend filled with my mother's presence! As proven, God always knows what is best. Why can't I trust Him more when I can't see the end result?

0 comments: