CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Say No to Sprouts

I had the weirdest experience yesterday. I ran an errand to Sprouts for a friend of mine. I inquired about their iron supplements because I am in need of one. The lady chided me for wanting to go with the brand the doctor (and midwife) ordered. She said, "I have 14 grandchildren, and this is safe for pregnancy." I wanted to slap her. Pregnancy brings out the best in me. :I I continued to resist saying that I really wanted to check with my doctor first as I know that some herbs can be more dangerous during pregnancy than some medications. And inevitably every natural supplement has some sort of herb or something you should be wary of in pregnancy. You would have thought I told her the World Trade Center had never been attacked by planes. I have never been made to feel so stupid in all my life. She just couldn't believe that I wanted to check with my doctor first. It will be a while before I can muster the courage to walk into that place again. Even the people at People's Pharmacy have told me they cannot recommend certain things for pregnant women.

Anyway, the whole experience went along with the rest of my wonderful day. Maybe today will be better!

0 comments: